Fire Hydrant Testing
What do we do?
SES Water Management provide fire hydrant flow and pressure testing for clients across a broad range of sectors and industries. Hydrant testing in compliance BS9990 & IS391:2020 standards using the latest certified flowmeter equipment.
Using the latest calibrated flowmeter equipment and methods, we can establish the maximum sustainable flow rate of a hydrant and record static and residual pressures in the process.
Fire Hydrant Testing Services
- 7 Day Pressure Logging to confirm time of day of lowest static pressure
- 5 minutes Flow Testing to confirm Maximum Sustainable Flow Rate.
- Recording residual / dynamic pressure in network during flow testing.
- Combined or Dual Flow Testing on 2 or more hydrants where required.
- Reporting including condition assessment & flow and pressure testing results.
SES Water Management Provide Fire Hydrant Testing
- For new developments at planning/design stages to determine available capacity in existing network.
- For sizing onsite static storage tanks as part of fire cert applications for buildings/developments.
- As part of annual maintenance works for insurance renewal purposes.
- As part of the Taking In Charge Process by IW/LA for completed developments.
- When building or verifying hydraulic models of a water supply network.
- To ensure operability of hydrants in the event of a potential fire emergency.
Flow & Pressure Testing
Flow Stimulation Testing (EPANET)
Find out more about what SES Water can do for you